Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Requirements: Automation, cisco ucs, netapp, powershell, vmware, vsphere
Location:Middlesex County, NJ
Description of Responsibilities
Prominent financial services firm with an office in the heart of New Jersey is looking to hire an experience operations engineer to join the infrastructure team!??
- Responsible for performing daily health checks of core infrastructure components with remediation or escalation to other team members
- Promote a DevOps culture.? Driving automation and a root cause culture to improve our overall environment
- Manage the Virtualization/Storage/Compute Support queue, and deal with escalations from both internal and external teams and act as subject matter expert in VMware, NetApp and Cisco UCS?
- Work with monitoring team to ensure that all alerts are accurate and have applicable workflows/runbooks
- Work with management to create reports and dashboards
- Responsible to create automation from workflows and modify adjust automation as needed
- Responsible for resource allocation to virtual machines and storage infrastructure
- Responsible for patching of all the Microsoft systems, and ensure we follow IT standards and security policies
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding all technologies
- Responsible for automating manual tasks using new or existing tool sets
- Responsible to ensure all regulated items like SOX backups are successful and in working order
- Perform root cause analysis for production incidents.
- VMware Suite including:
- vSphere (vcenter and esxi)
- vRealize Suite
- NetApp Suite:
- Data OnTap 9.x
- OnCommand Insight
- Cloud Volumes (Azure)
- Cisco UCS
- VMware Suite including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Certifications in VMware, Cisco UCS and/or NetApp
- High level scripting in multiple languages to be able to create and debug scripts to perform job functions. Automation experience in at least one configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet or Ansible
- Strong fundamental knowledge of supporting technologies, including Network, Hardware, Virtualization and other enterprise software
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well in a high-pressure environment and keep cool under stress.
For more information about this opportunity, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client cannot sponsor visas at this time?